Friday, November 5, 2010

Catholics Come Home

I am amazed at how the way we learn has evolved and continues to evolve. In the recent past we needed to go to a public library and search a number of cards to find the subjects and the themes we needed to consult. Now, without taking away value of traditional ways of researching, information is so close at our finger tips that at times I just wonder where is this evolution of the speed of information and learning is leading us.
I know you know there are so many possibilities here, and that we can see some risks in all these evolving dynamics. But, we make progress because we take certain risks, and so, we need to be more discerning than ever. The adage goes : "Not every thing that shines is gold." And the Lord Jesus said: "I am the truth, the way, and the life."
My hope is that you and I will know the truth of Jesus, walk the way of Jesus, and have the life of Jesus. Hence, beware of false prophets !!! Beware of empty promises !!! Beware of deception !!! I will pray in the hope that our hearts and minds will be kept from error.


Catholics Come Home: "Coming home has never been easier. We are family. Welcome home."

No comments:

Post a Comment

XVIII Domingo del Tiempo Ordinario, Ciclo C 4 de agosto de 2019 Notas homiléticas preparadas por el p. Jaime Hinojos “El mun...