Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Friendship is very good for us :
Yeah, we spend time, energy, and in general many resources into some things (good and necessary ) different than friendship.
I hope that you and I will take the time, and offer ourselves the space so that we can cultivate the precious gift of friendship.
To keep and maintain friends, we need to practice things like: care, interest into what interest our fiends, listening with the eyes and with the heart, beyond than listening just with the heart.
Friends are free, no body own any one. And we are free to stay or walk away. However, there are some things that bound friends together. We cannot just abandon them under the direction of our or another's wimps. Other wise, we were never true friends. Yes, friends need their own space. True, however friends need to see each other, to spend time together, to do creative things together, such as creating something new, a poem, a song, a community, a meal, enjoying a concert together, visiting the sick together, praising God together.
Freedom in friendship means, I do not own my friend, neither my friend owns me. There is a sense of freedom and respect of each other vital space.
Above all, a true friend is a mirror who let us to see our true self in it. What is in my heart and in my mind, does not go unnoticed. My name in friendship is a treasure to my friend, and my friend's name is a treasure to myself. Now I thank you Lord of heaven and earth for letting me taste and see the goodness of friendship.



No comments:

Post a Comment

XVIII Domingo del Tiempo Ordinario, Ciclo C 4 de agosto de 2019 Notas homiléticas preparadas por el p. Jaime Hinojos “El mun...